Who is this for?Developed for Police Snipers who provide over-watch for sporting events and other large public gatherings.
Four (4) or Five (5) DayOur Police Sniper Response to a Public Venue Course- PSRPV™ is designed to teach the experienced police sniper how to provide proactive over-watch protection to any public venue where large amounts of people attend, and that could possibly be a target of a domestic or international attack. The course is conducted in a crawl, walk, and run progression to maximize the students learning ability and emphasizes total venue protection ranging from active shooter to person borne & vehicle borne improvised explosive devices (PBIED/VBIED). Students will live fire with their precision rifles into purpose built rifle traps from deliberate and hasty FFPs inside an actual open or closed sporting venue. Students will be challenged through physical conditioning and their ability to apply their craft on demand. The purpose of the course is the proactive protection and response to potential terrorist acts that threaten our citizens at sporting events. The end goal of the course is to enable the police sniper to have confidence through training and documentation to stop or mitigate terrorist acts inside or outside public venues.
COURSE TOPICS COVERED:
- Venue Site Assessment
- Public Venue/Terrorist Attack History & Trends
- Range Work/On Demand Shooting
- SWAT Role at Public Venues
- Angle Fire Presentation
- Live Fire training at the Venue
- Deliberate/Immediate React Teams
- Improvised/Hasty Position Selection
- Tripod Usage and Deployment
- Planned Overwatch Positions
- Observation/Communication Scenarios
- The Role of the 50 Cal in Venue Safety
- PBIED/VBIED/Vehicular Attack Mitigation
Excellent. The pre-course preparation was extremely apparent. The student instructor ratio and the time on each skill was excellent. The professionalism of the instructors was the best I’ve seen. Each knew their role and offered each student constructive ways to improve.
Outstanding course. I learned a ton about running my gun in general, not just in public venue ops. I would love to do other Tacflow Courses.
This was by far the best law enforcement class I have attended. I learned many things that I will take back to my agency and continue to train on.
Phenomenal Course. Great instruction, great info and things to consider. Excellent articulation to relay back to brass. highly recommend and should be mandatory training/ certification for SWAT teams providing sniper/ venue overwatch details.
Great Class. Instructors did a good job of expressing the seriousness of safety without making it stressful or feel like you couldn’t ask questions or learn. Extremely knowledgeable instructors/ instruction with senses of humor. One of the best courses I’ve attended.
All instructors were professional, knowledgeable, and showed their passion towards their craft.
This was the best course I’ve ever taken. It’s extremely practical for our day to day mission.
We will attempt to send every sniper on our team through this course. If I am able to attend a third time I most certainly will.
General InformationThis information is subject to change and meant to serve as general planning guidelines. Please check with the specific course flier for the most up to date information and requirements for any upcoming scheduled courses.
- Limited to active Law Enforcement and Military Professionals
- Students at a minimum must have successfully passed a reputable basic sniper course.
- Subsequent advanced sniper courses and training are preferred.
- Verification may be required by the Instructors
- Precision Rifle with quality riflescope capable of 1 MOA or better @ 100 yards (bolt action/semi auto). No patrol rifles or non-magnified optics. Rem 700’s with AD history Not allowed
- 500 rounds Factory Match Ammunition-No reloads (Duty rounds acceptable as long as they are not armor piercing, steel core, bonded or monolithic. Ballistic tip, BTHP acceptable. Calibers restricted to no greater than .308 (7.62X51MM). No 300 WM, .338 or .50 Cal; No round that exceeds 3000 fps MV. Any questions direct email to email@example.com
- All Sniper kit
- Range Finders, Data book, Eye & Ear Pro
- Tripods. Tacflow will provide Reaper Grip, HOG Saddle and Spec-rest platforms for students to utilize during the course.
- MGM Stadium Bullet Traps (2) www.mgmtargets.com
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Approved Course #3324
Watch the Police Sniper Response to a Public Venue Course™ in Action
Interested in Hosting the PSRPV™ Course?
We are here to help!
With over 10 years experience teaching this course and 23 different public venues under our belt, we are able to guide you through the process to bring our team to you.
Step one is to start the conversation with the venues in your area to see who might be willing to allow their venue to be used for training. We have prepared a Host Location Packet with venue references and answers to the most common questions from venue managers/ owners to begin the process.
Related News & Resources
WFTV Eyewitness News 9- Video: SWAT teams practice sniper response at Camping World Stadium Featuring Tacflow Instructors
Our team was filmed teaching during the ABC WFTV9 interview with Orlando Police- SWAT teams practice sniper response at Camping … Read More
Lafayette, LA – Becoming SWAT- Public Venue Training
Every operator with the Special Weapons And Tactics team, as well as each … Read More
Watch a video compilation on our featured course- Police Sniper Response to a public venue created and taught by Mark … Read More
By Mark Lang
Tactical Edge/ Spring 2015
In March 2008, the FBI and Department of Homeland Security issued an assessment asserting that … Read More
“Activities in the BC Place Stadium located in downtown Vancouver were set aside recently to let the Vancouver Police Department … Read More
Law Enforcement Technology May 2013
By Mark Lang
“At the completion of this article another terrorist attack has taken the lives of … Read More
by Mark Lang
At the completion of this article another terrorist attack has taken the lives of fellow Americans at a … Read More
“Arkansas State Police and Little Rock and North Little Rock SWAT team members return from sniper positions around War Memorial … Read More
By Andre’ M. Dall’au
(Public Venue Countersniping article was originally published by Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement- November 2012)
As early … Read More