Who is this for?Current team leaders or those wishing to become Sniper Team Leaders.
Three (3) DayThe Sniper Team Leader Course is a 30-hour curriculum designed to break through the institutional inertia that police sniper teams and sniper team leaders may face on today’s SWAT Teams. Designed to assist Team Leaders in areas of sustainment, training, documentation, gear selection and selling your sniper teams abilities for all missions. Core blocks of instruction will cover the mission of the Police Sniper, selection process for potential snipers, training programs, and exposure to multiple qualification courses of fire. Students will learn how to develop qualification courses to meet state reporting requirements and implement specialized sniper training into your current program. Weapon system, riflescope and ammunition selection will be discussed in depth. The course will have an actual live fire ballistic gelatin test for your current ammunition to compare with others. Sniper mission planning, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for various related items such as offsite live fire training will be covered as well as Special Application Rifles to include the 50 Caliber.
COURSE TOPICS COVERED:
- Mission of the Police Sniper
- Selection Process for Potential Snipers
- Training Programs
- Exposure to Qualification Courses
- Developing a Qualification Course
- Implementing Specialized Sniper Training into Your Program
- Weapon, Scope, and Ammo selection
- Will have an actual live fire ballistic gel test for your current ammo to compare with others.
- Sniper mission planning, SOP’s for various Sniper related items such as offsite live fire training set up and specialized weapons
- Students will receive real data and documents concerning purchases, training and justification on all items and more concerning LE snipers.
General InformationThis information is subject to change and meant to serve as general planning guidelines. Please check with the specific course flier for the most up to date information and requirements for any upcoming scheduled courses.
- Copy of department SOP’s with shooting qualification course as it pertains to snipers
- Assigned service sniper rifle / 400 rounds
- Assigned duty pistol and 100 rounds of ammunition with holster
- Rear bag or sand sock
- Deployment pack or backpack to carry gear
- Binoculars *
- Range finders *
- Spotting scope *
- Data book or note pad with pen
- Appropriate range and deployment attire.
- Eye and ear protection
- Food and water
- Any other gear or equipment that your department uses for deployments
*These items can be shared if not every student has them*
- Precision Rifle with quality riflescope capable of 1 MOA or better @ 100 yards (bolt action/semi auto). No patrol rifles or non-magnified optics. Rem 700’s with AD history Not allowed
- 500 rounds Factory Match Ammunition-No reloads (Duty rounds acceptable as long as they are not armor piercing, steel core, bonded or monolithic. Ballistic tip, BTHP acceptable. Calibers restricted to no greater than .308 (7.62X51MM). No 300 WM, .338 or .50 Cal; No round that exceeds 3000 fps MV. Any questions direct email to email@example.com
- All Sniper kit
- Range Finders, Data book, Eye & Ear Pro
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Approved Course
Interested in Hosting the USRT Course?
We are here to help!
Related News & Resources
WFTV Eyewitness News 9- Video: SWAT teams practice sniper response at Camping World Stadium Featuring Tacflow Instructors
Our team was filmed teaching during the ABC WFTV9 interview with Orlando Police- SWAT teams practice sniper response at Camping …
Lafayette, LA – Becoming SWAT- Public Venue Training
Every operator with the Special Weapons And Tactics team, as well as each …
Watch a video compilation on our featured course- Police Sniper Response to a public venue created and taught by Mark …
By Mark Lang
Tactical Edge/ Spring 2015
In March 2008, the FBI and Department of Homeland Security issued an assessment asserting that …
“Activities in the BC Place Stadium located in downtown Vancouver were set aside recently to let the Vancouver Police Department …
Law Enforcement Technology May 2013
By Mark Lang
“At the completion of this article another terrorist attack has taken the lives of …
by Mark Lang
At the completion of this article another terrorist attack has taken the lives of fellow Americans at a …
“Arkansas State Police and Little Rock and North Little Rock SWAT team members return from sniper positions around War Memorial …
By Andre’ M. Dall’au
(Public Venue Countersniping article was originally published by Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement- November 2012)
As early …