Who is this for?Police snipers who deploy in urban environments as part of a SWAT team or Joint Task Force.
Four (4) DayThe USRT course is designed to enable sniper teams to plan and conduct covert urban operations and training within their local area of operations. The class is fundamentally based on three tiers of focus, with a crawl walk run mentality. The class will start with a brief history and revision of the basic employment concepts and progress to encompass all relevant skills associated with the complexities and dangers of urban operations.
COURSE TOPICS COVERED:
- Covert/ Plain Clothes Deployment
- Urban Hide Construction/ Deployment
- Plain clothes pistol utilization
- Vehicle Hide Construction/ Deployment
- Ingress and Egress Route Planning
- Weapon System Deployment from Concealment
- Mission Planning
General InformationThis information is subject to change and meant to serve as general planning guidelines. Please check with the specific course flier for the most up to date information and requirements for any upcoming scheduled courses.
- Limited to active Law Enforcement and Military Professionals
- Students at a minimum must have successfully passed a reputable basic sniper course.
- Subsequent advanced sniper courses and training are preferred.
- Verification may be required by the Instructors
- Precision Rifle with quality riflescope capable of 1 MOA or better @ 100 yards (bolt action/semi auto). No patrol rifles or non-magnified optics. Rem 700’s with AD history Not allowed
- 250 rounds Factory Match Ammunition-No reloads (Duty rounds acceptable as long as they are not armor piercing, steel core, bonded or monolithic. Ballistic tip, BTHP acceptable. Calibers restricted to no greater than .308 (7.62X51MM). No 300 WM, .338 or .50 Cal; No round that exceeds 3000 fps MV. Any questions direct email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Sniper kit
- Range Finders, Data book, Eye & Ear Pro
Interested in Hosting the USRT Course?
We are here to help!
Related News & Resources
WFTV Eyewitness News 9- Video: SWAT teams practice sniper response at Camping World Stadium Featuring Tacflow Instructors
Our team was filmed teaching during the ABC WFTV9 interview with Orlando Police- SWAT teams practice sniper response at Camping …
Lafayette, LA – Becoming SWAT- Public Venue Training
Every operator with the Special Weapons And Tactics team, as well as each …
Watch a video compilation on our featured course- Police Sniper Response to a public venue created and taught by Mark …
By Mark Lang
Tactical Edge/ Spring 2015
In March 2008, the FBI and Department of Homeland Security issued an assessment asserting that …
“Activities in the BC Place Stadium located in downtown Vancouver were set aside recently to let the Vancouver Police Department …
Law Enforcement Technology May 2013
By Mark Lang
“At the completion of this article another terrorist attack has taken the lives of …
by Mark Lang
At the completion of this article another terrorist attack has taken the lives of fellow Americans at a …
“Arkansas State Police and Little Rock and North Little Rock SWAT team members return from sniper positions around War Memorial …
By Andre’ M. Dall’au
(Public Venue Countersniping article was originally published by Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement- November 2012)
As early …