Who is this for?Police SWAT Snipers who want to develop or are looking to sustain a large caliber rifle program with 50 Cal or .338 Lapua.
Five (5) DayThis course was created for law enforcement agencies who have acquired large caliber rifles (50 BMG and/or 338 Lapua Magnum) and endeavor to develop and sustain a Large Caliber Rifle Program with an emphasis on SWAT deployment. Current domestic & international terrorist trends indicate a need for this capability as we continue to see vehicles used as weapons against our citizens. Created as a Train the Trainer course, we invest heavily in your student’s instructional development and require students to give multiple teach backs, lead small groups, and successfully pass the Large Caliber Rifle Standards & a written examination. Your law enforcement professional will return with the information and skills needed to develop and sustain a Large Caliber Rifle program at your respective agency.
COURSE TOPICS COVERED:
- Large Caliber Rifle Standards
- Proper Ammunition Selection/Usage
- Understanding Overpressure & Acoustic Exposure
- Range Planning, Design and Safety
- Terminal Ballistic Workshop
- Vehicle Intrusion and Engine Disablement
- Animate and Inanimate Use of Force
- When to deploy a Large Caliber Rifle in an Overwatch Position or SWAT operation
- Case Studies of 50 Cal/338LM use by Law Enforcement & Criminals
- Developing a Qualification Course for your agency
- Sustaining a Large Caliber Program
Outstanding instructors, outstanding content, outstanding classmates. Best sniper course I have attended military or LE by a long shot.
Course is awesome. This course specifically has impacted our team (and department). With all the updates/ evolution in the industry, the course continues to improve.
One of the most professionally developed and informative courses I have had the pleasure of attending. Every instructor is an absolute professional and at the top of their game. Will definitely be looking for Tacflow in the future.
Fantastic course for sniper craft. This is not just a “trigger time” course. So much educational value to take back to my agency.
Elite training and awesome instruction by someone who’s been trained by the best and who does it on a daily basis.
General InformationThis information is subject to change and meant to serve as general planning guidelines. Please check with the specific course flier for the most up to date information and requirements for any upcoming scheduled courses.
- Limited to active Law Enforcement and Military Professionals
- Students at a minimum must have successfully passed a reputable basic sniper course.
- Subsequent advanced sniper courses and training are preferred.
- Verification may be required by the Instructors
- Rigle: 50 Caliber Bolt or Semi Auto; 338 Lapua Magnum Bolt Rifle. Any other calibers please email email@example.com
- 200 Rounds: Recomended 50 BMG Hornady A-Max 750gr; Thunder Ammo Match 82; Barrett Ball 661gr; CBC Ball M33
- American Eagle XM33C and/ or China produced Ammo Not Allowed
- Tripods: Quality tripod/ rifle rest that will support your large caliber rifle during firing
- Gear: Sniper kit/ double ear protection
- Optics: Quality variable powered riflescope (Nightforce/ Vortex Etc.) No red dot mounted optics.
* Special note: Any rifle that was the result of a law enforcement seizure or gift and is not in new original condition should be sent back to the original manufacturer for a Manufacturers Inspection prior to attending this course. This is to ensure proper functioning and reduce any potential liability that may occur. No rifles will be allowed in the course that have had modifications not performed by the original manufacturer or certified armorers or gunsmiths. Documentation may be required.
Instructor Certification is valid for 3 year period. Re-certification is offered.
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Approved Course #3324
Related News & Resources
WFTV Eyewitness News 9- Video: SWAT teams practice sniper response at Camping World Stadium Featuring Tacflow Instructors
Our team was filmed teaching during the ABC WFTV9 interview with Orlando Police- SWAT teams practice sniper response at Camping …
Lafayette, LA – Becoming SWAT- Public Venue Training
Every operator with the Special Weapons And Tactics team, as well as each …
Watch a video compilation on our featured course- Police Sniper Response to a public venue created and taught by Mark …
By Mark Lang
Tactical Edge/ Spring 2015
In March 2008, the FBI and Department of Homeland Security issued an assessment asserting that …
“Activities in the BC Place Stadium located in downtown Vancouver were set aside recently to let the Vancouver Police Department …
Law Enforcement Technology May 2013
By Mark Lang
“At the completion of this article another terrorist attack has taken the lives of …
by Mark Lang
At the completion of this article another terrorist attack has taken the lives of fellow Americans at a …
“Arkansas State Police and Little Rock and North Little Rock SWAT team members return from sniper positions around War Memorial …
By Andre’ M. Dall’au
(Public Venue Countersniping article was originally published by Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement- November 2012)
As early …