Who is This For?Developed for SWAT and Police Snipers who deploy in Aerial Operations, and teams looking to implement an Aerial Program.
Four (4) DayOur Aerial Platform Operations Course brings formal training to SWAT teams and Aviation Units who have decided to either establish an APO program and/or validate and improve their current program. A law enforcement Aerial Platform Operations program is really more than just firing a rifle from a helicopter, it is aerial overwatch by trained personnel for officer & citizen safety in addition to supporting patrol and/or tactical operations. As domestic & international terrorists attacks continue to occur, aerial platform deployment allows law enforcement commanders to have options to best resolve any incident. Our curriculum teaches multiple target approaches which allows the pilot & SWAT operator to utilize the most effective approach needed. Whether your program is staffed with Tactical Flight Officers, SWAT operators or a combination we are here ready to train your personnel. We educate your personnel to understand every aspect of aerial shooting leaving with a full understanding of the capabilities & limitations of firing from a helicopter. Host law enforcement agency to supply helicopter(s).
Our curriculum utilizes proprietary information from Dr. Lyman Hazelton (www.empyrealsciences.com)
COURSE TOPICS COVERED:
- Helicopter Safety Protocol
- Proper Rigging of Equipment for deployment
- Roles of the Pilot/TFO & SWAT operator
- Effective Communications
- Rifle, Optic & Projectile selection
- Understanding Aerial Ballistics & Moving Platform Science
- Multiple Target Approaches
- Off Site Deployment of APO
- Use of Force commensurate with current agencies policies
- Case Studies of LE Airborne Use of Force
Awesome Course. We should have had this a long time ago. Gave us a great base to build our program off of.
The course was outstanding and Mark brought a ton of experience along with him to help legitimize our program, SOP’s, and skill base moving forward.
General InformationThis information is subject to change and meant to serve as general planning guidelines. Please check with the specific course flier for the most up to date information and requirements for any upcoming scheduled courses.
- Limited to active Law Enforcement and Military Professionals
- Students who are Tactical Flight Officer’s (TFO) may participate as long as they have attended their agency patrol rifle program.
- SWAT Operators must be Carbine qualified per agency requirements.
- Police Snipers must be Carbine and Precision Rifle qualified per their agency requirements.
- This course is not limited to just police snipers.
- Precision Rifle with quality riflescope capable of 1 MOA or better @ 100 yards (bolt action/semi auto). No patrol rifles or non-magnified optics. Rem 700’s with AD history Not allowed
- 500 rounds Factory Match Ammunition-No reloads (Duty rounds acceptable as long as they are not armor piercing, steel core, bonded or monolithic. Ballistic tip, BTHP acceptable. Calibers restricted to no greater than .308 (7.62X51MM). No 300 WM, .338 or .50 Cal; No round that exceeds 3000 fps MV. Any questions direct email to email@example.com
- All Sniper kit
- Range Finders, Data book, Eye & Ear Pro
- Yates Gear 571-Rappel Master Adjustable Lanyard w/Shock Stop and DMM Captive Eye Carabiners (yatesgear.com)
- TAB Gear Aerial Platform Sling (APS) (www.tabgear.com)
- Yates Gear Safety Rated Riggers Belt or Safety Rated Rappel Seat/Harness
- MGM Aerial Platform Training Steel Targets (www.mgmtargets.com)
- Aardvark Tactical TCI Aerial Platform Headset System (www.aardvarktactical.com/AERIAL-PLATFORM)
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Approved Course #3363
Related News & Resources
WFTV Eyewitness News 9- Video: SWAT teams practice sniper response at Camping World Stadium Featuring Tacflow Instructors
Our team was filmed teaching during the ABC WFTV9 interview with Orlando Police- SWAT teams practice sniper response at Camping …
Lafayette, LA – Becoming SWAT- Public Venue Training
Every operator with the Special Weapons And Tactics team, as well as each …
Watch a video compilation on our featured course- Police Sniper Response to a public venue created and taught by Mark …
By Mark Lang
Tactical Edge/ Spring 2015
In March 2008, the FBI and Department of Homeland Security issued an assessment asserting that …
“Activities in the BC Place Stadium located in downtown Vancouver were set aside recently to let the Vancouver Police Department …
Law Enforcement Technology May 2013
By Mark Lang
“At the completion of this article another terrorist attack has taken the lives of …
by Mark Lang
At the completion of this article another terrorist attack has taken the lives of fellow Americans at a …
“Arkansas State Police and Little Rock and North Little Rock SWAT team members return from sniper positions around War Memorial …
By Andre’ M. Dall’au
(Public Venue Countersniping article was originally published by Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement- November 2012)
As early …