Police Sniper Response to a Public Venue™
Four (4) Day Course
Our Police Sniper Response to a Public Venue Course- PSRPV™ Course is designed to teach the experienced police sniper how to provide proactive over-watch protection to any public venue where large amounts of people attend, and that could possibly be, a target of a domestic or international attack. The course is conducted in a crawl, walk, and run progression to maximize the students learning ability and emphasizes total venue protection ranging from active shooter to person borne & vehicle borne improvised explosive devices (PBIED/VBIED). Students will live fire with their precision rifles into purpose built rifle traps from deliberate and hasty FFPs inside an actual open or closed sporting venue. Students will be challenged through physical conditioning and their ability to apply their craft on demand. The purpose of the course is the proactive protection and response to potential terrorist acts that threaten our citizens at sporting events. The end goal of the course is to enable the police sniper to have confidence through training and documentation to stop or mitigate terrorist acts inside or outside public venues.
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Approved Course #3324
Course developed by Instructor Mark Lang.
Interested in bringing this course to you? Our Mobile Training Teams are able to travel and run both Open Courses and Closed Courses, depending on your needs and situation.
Course is limited to active Law Enforcement and Military Professionals. Students at a minimum must have successfully passed a reputable basic sniper course. Subsequent advanced sniper courses and training are preferred. Verification may be required by the Instructors.
- Precision Rifle with quality riflescope capable of 1 MOA or better @ 100 yards (bolt action/semi auto). No patrol rifles or non-magnified optics. Rem 700’s with AD history Not allowed
- 500 rounds Factory Match Ammunition-No reloads (Duty rounds acceptable as long as they are not armor piercing, steel core, bonded or monolithic. Ballistic tip, BTHP acceptable. Calibers restricted to no greater than .308 (7.62X51MM). No 300 WM, .338 or .50 Cal; No round that exceeds 3000 fps MV. Any questions direct email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Sniper kit
- Range Finders, Data book, Eye & Ear Pro
- Tripods. Tacflow will provide Reaper Grip, HOG Saddle and Spec-rest platforms for students to utilize during the course.
- MGM Stadium Bullet Traps (2) www.mgmtargets.com
WFTV Eyewitness News 9- Video: SWAT teams practice sniper response at Camping World Stadium Featuring Tacflow Instructors
Orlando police snipers fired shots inside Camping World Stadium…
Originally published by ABC WFTV9 on Jun 14, 2018
Visit the ABC WFTV9 website
Lafayette, LA – Becoming SWAT- Public Venue Training
Every operator with the Special Weapons And Tactics team, as well as each …
Watch a video compilation on our featured course- Police Sniper Response to a public venue created and taught by Mark …
By Mark Lang
Tactical Edge/ Spring 2015
In March 2008, the FBI and Department of Homeland Security issued an assessment asserting that …
“Activities in the BC Place Stadium located in downtown Vancouver were set aside recently to let the Vancouver Police Department …
Law Enforcement Technology May 2013
By Mark Lang
“At the completion of this article another terrorist attack has taken the lives of …
by Mark Lang
At the completion of this article another terrorist attack has taken the lives of fellow Americans at a …
“Arkansas State Police and Little Rock and North Little Rock SWAT team members return from sniper positions around War Memorial …
By Andre’ M. Dall’au