Who is this for?Police snipers who deploy in rural environments as part of a SWAT team or Joint Task Force.
Four (4) DayTh Advanced Rural Sniper course is designed as a Rural Sniper School that will push you out of your comfort zone. This course will cover Moving targets at extended distances, hostage situations; hide building/selection, stalking, tracking, survival in rural areas, ballistics, MOA/ MIL conversions, shot placement, positional shooting, support side shooting, gear selection, distance shooting to 1000 yards, low light and night time engagements and multiple team drills.
COURSE TOPICS COVERED:
- Moving targets at extended distances
- Hostage situations
- Hide building/selection
- Survival in Rural Areas
- MOA/ MIL conversions
- Shot Placement
- Positional Shooting
- Support Side Shooting
- Gear Selection
- Distance Shooting to 1000 yards
- Lowlight and Nighttime Engagements
- Multiple Team Drills.
General InformationThis information is subject to change and meant to serve as general planning guidelines. Please check with the specific course flier for the most up to date information and requirements for any upcoming scheduled courses.
- Limited to active Law Enforcement and Military Professionals
- Students at a minimum must have successfully passed a reputable basic sniper course.
- Subsequent advanced sniper courses and training are preferred.
- Verification may be required by the Instructors
- Rifle with magnified adjustable turret scope capable of shooting 1 MOA or less
- 600 rounds of ammo
- Handgun with 50 rounds of ammo
- Duty gear i.e ballistic vest back pack/drag bag
- NVG if available
- GPS device
- Tripod or shooting sticks
- Binoculars or spotting scope
- Range Finders, Data book, Eye & Ear Pro
Interested in Hosting the USRT Course?
We are here to help!
Related News & Resources
WFTV Eyewitness News 9- Video: SWAT teams practice sniper response at Camping World Stadium Featuring Tacflow Instructors
Our team was filmed teaching during the ABC WFTV9 interview with Orlando Police- SWAT teams practice sniper response at Camping …
Lafayette, LA – Becoming SWAT- Public Venue Training
Every operator with the Special Weapons And Tactics team, as well as each …
Watch a video compilation on our featured course- Police Sniper Response to a public venue created and taught by Mark …
By Mark Lang
Tactical Edge/ Spring 2015
In March 2008, the FBI and Department of Homeland Security issued an assessment asserting that …
“Activities in the BC Place Stadium located in downtown Vancouver were set aside recently to let the Vancouver Police Department …
Law Enforcement Technology May 2013
By Mark Lang
“At the completion of this article another terrorist attack has taken the lives of …
by Mark Lang
At the completion of this article another terrorist attack has taken the lives of fellow Americans at a …
“Arkansas State Police and Little Rock and North Little Rock SWAT team members return from sniper positions around War Memorial …
By Andre’ M. Dall’au
(Public Venue Countersniping article was originally published by Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement- November 2012)
As early …